8/03/2008

Cascade Fire


Just got off the Cascade fire in Red Lodge, MT. We ended up spending 5 days on the fire. It was a new experience working on a large helibase and I learned a lot. I had the opportunity to fly around the fire a couple times while doing a recon with the Ops Sec Chief and got this video of the fire making a crown run towards one of the remote spike bases. You can't really see it in the video but there are a couple of guys running around on the ground moving gear into the safety zone. I bet they got a little hot there. I ended up spending some time on the ground at that spike camp and found some tool heads with the handles burned off so I guess they didn't get all the gear out of the way. All in all a fun fire and a good chance to make some money in an otherwise slow season.

No comments: