7/05/2010

Rookie Academy

Vet academy is over and I am finally a re-certified rappeller. Rookie academy started today with half of this year's rookies familiarizing themselves with the equipment and learning basic procedures. They ended the day on the low station on the rappel simulator and tomorrow should progress to the high tower. We launched our IA ship for a fire on the south end of the forest but got turned around after sizing the fire up. Looks like fire season is just around the corner.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

just to let you know... somebody is reading.... didn't know it was back. maybe mention it on fb

Anonymous said...

Jeremy, do you winter in AR? I used to be an R4 rappeller for several years, went on to work for NIFC, etc... Now I'm back home in OK with a consulting/contracting company I started. If you are interested in training, burning, and suppression opps in the Southern Area in the off-season, give me a shout at info@chloetafire.com. Thanks, and stay safe!

Trish said...

Awesome website - Great idea too!

Jeremy Gottfried said...

Hey! Readers! Too bad I haven't updated this thing in like 2 months.