7/24/2008

Shorty Fire


Two days after I got back from my days off we flew a recon over the Ashland ranger district of the Custer NF and quickly picked up a smoke. 2TJ dropped Matt and myself off and continued the recon. I IC'd the fire and we got an engine from Fort Howes headed that way. Matt and I had it lined by the time the engine showed up but they helped us improve the line and mop it up. The fire only ended up being about half an acre but there wasn't a pressing need for us elsewhere so the duty officer had us sit on the fire for the next two days mopping up and monitoring. And sleeping. And playing cards. All this was fine with me since it had me getting overtime and hazard pay on my days off. All in all a fun little fire and some good practice being IC.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeremy! Glad to see another post! Will call you this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Nice fire! Looks like a perfect "fun" fire for that area and the time of year.

Cheers,

Justin V.